Fred’s Days Out (www.fredsdaysout.co.uk) takes the protection of our users’ data very seriously. This policy lays out how we use your data and the measures we take to protect it. By using our site, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
The information we collect
If you register with our site, for example when submitting an attraction or event listing, rating an event or attraction, or upgrading a listing to a premium listing, we may collect personal information about you including your name, e-mail address and other contact details. If you pay for advertising on our site either online or by phone, we may also collect the payment details needed to process your payment by credit/debit card.
How we use your registration information
Your registration information is not shared with any other company. We may use it to:
We will not sell your data to any third party, and if at any point in the future we decide to send out advertising for third parties (e.g. special offers and discounts) we will only send it to you once we have asked for, and received, your explicit consent.
- Request your help in updating attraction and event listings you have provided to us or that you have upgraded to a premium listing;
- When you are upgrading a listing to a premium listing, as part of the payment process, pass your personal details to our secure third e-commerce partner;
- Request your help in providing further listings;
- Encourage you to upgrade the listings you have provided to premium listings;
- Advise you of changes to the services we provide, and encourage you to use or sign up to any new services that we may provide in the future;
- Encourage you to rate or review attractions and events.
How we use your payment details
If you provide payment details either online or by phone, they will be processed in the systems of our secure third party e-commerce provider. For security reasons, we do not hold a separate copy of your payment details in our own systems. If you phone us, we will not write down your payment details – we can therefore only accept payments by phone at times when your payment details can be directly entered into our e-commerce partner’s online processing system.
Third party sites
There are various links on our website that redirect you to third party websites, especially those of events and attractions. We do not pass your data to these websites. While we are careful about the sites we link to, we cannot take any responsibility for the content of those sites or for the outcome of actions you might take on those sites, including any use they may make of personal information that you provide to them directly.
You may opt out of receiving communications from us at any time by sending us an unsubscribe message through our contact us form. We may still keep the data you have given us for the purposes of maintaining our unsubscribe files.
Questions and queries